activemq-users mailing list archives

From kfritz <Kyle.Fr...@disney.com>
Subject New subscribers getting old messages
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2008 20:56:54 GMT

Hello.  I have an application that communicates to clients by publishing
ObjectMessages to an ActiveMQ topic.  Any client that is subscribed to the
topic will receive messages soon after they are published.  Also, using
durable subscriptions, a client that had subscribed earlier and disconnects,
will receive all messages sent after disconnecting upon return.

However, I would like to have a new client who never before connected to the
topic to be able to receive the last message published to the topic, even if
that message was published before the new client connected.  Sort of like a
durable subscription, except that the subscriber had not yet subscribed.

I have been told that IBM's proprietary MQSeries can do this.  However, I
have not read anything that suggests ActiveMQ has this ability.  Is this
true?  Can it be done?

Thanks,
Kyle Peter Fritz