activemq-users mailing list archives

From Byju <byju...@gmail.com>
Subject Active MQ - The transport is not running Error
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2008 21:22:00 GMT

Hi All,
We are using active MQ in our product and running into an issue.

1. We have a tomcat web server that launches ActiveMQ server(broker)
2. We have an applet that runs on IE which creates an ActiveMQ client
3. This applet posts a heartbeats messages every one minute on a Topic

We are running into an issue if on the same PC a separate applet ( it could
be any applet ) is run on an IE browser while my applet is running.
Now if I close the browser running my applet and relaunch my applet again,
first 3 heartbeats are posted and after that I get the following exception.

2008.07.09-09:57:11-PDT ERROR [Ljava.lang.StackTraceElement;@1c28658:
javax.jms.JMSException: The transport is not running.javax.jms.JMSException:
The transport is not running.
	at
org.apache.activemq.util.JMSExceptionSupport.create(JMSExceptionSupport.java:58)
	at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.asyncSendPacket(ActiveMQConnection.java:1157)
	at org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQSession.send(ActiveMQSession.java:1549)
	at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQMessageProducer.send(ActiveMQMessageProducer.java:465)
	at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQMessageProducer.send(ActiveMQMessageProducer.java:356)
	at
com.cisco.xdm.SDMTopicMessageClient.sendMessages(SDMTopicMessageClient.java:196)
	at com.cisco.xdm.SDMStealth.sendUpdate(SDMStealth.java:228)
	at com.cisco.xdm.SDMStealth.addDevice(SDMStealth.java:703)
	at com.cisco.xdm.SDMStealth.addDevice(SDMStealth.java:585)
	at com.cisco.xdm.SDMStealth.receiveUpdate(SDMStealth.java:311)
	at
com.cisco.xdm.SDMTopicMessageClient.onMessage(SDMTopicMessageClient.java:216)
	at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQMessageConsumer.dispatch(ActiveMQMessageConsumer.java:854)
	at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQSessionExecutor.dispatch(ActiveMQSessionExecutor.java:99)
	at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQSessionExecutor.iterate(ActiveMQSessionExecutor.java:166)
	at
org.apache.activemq.thread.PooledTaskRunner.runTask(PooledTaskRunner.java:117)
	at
org.apache.activemq.thread.PooledTaskRunner.access$100(PooledTaskRunner.java:26)
	at
org.apache.activemq.thread.PooledTaskRunner$1.run(PooledTaskRunner.java:44)
	at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:650)
	at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: The transport is not running.
	at
org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportSupport.checkStarted(TransportSupport.java:103)
	at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.oneway(TcpTransport.java:117)
	at
org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityMonitor.oneway(InactivityMonitor.java:141)
	at
org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.oneway(TransportFilter.java:80)
	at
org.apache.activemq.transport.WireFormatNegotiator.oneway(WireFormatNegotiator.java:93)
	at
org.apache.activemq.transport.MutexTransport.oneway(MutexTransport.java:47)
	at
org.apache.activemq.transport.ResponseCorrelator.oneway(ResponseCorrelator.java:60)
	at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.asyncSendPacket(ActiveMQConnection.java:1155)
	... 18 more

Any idea what is going on ?
If I close all my IE instances and restart my applet everything is fine
again.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Byju