activemq-users mailing list archives

From Hans Bausewein <ha...@comerwell.xs4all.nl>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ causes application to hang on Glassfish
Date Sat, 05 Jul 2008 15:23:34 GMT

everett wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using the 5.1.0 release of ActiveMQ. My JVM is version 1.6.0_06 and I
> am running on Debian Sid. I have a Java web application which uses
> ActiveMQ that I have deployed in Glassfish V2 UR2. Both Glassfish and
> ActiveMQ are running on the same server.

Probably a classloading conflict between GlassFish JMS classes and the
ActiveMQ implementation.

The only way to do this properly is to install the ActiveMQ resource adapter
in GlassFish.

See
  http://activemq.apache.org/resource-adapter.html

The resource adapter binds the ActiveMQ ConnectionFactory into JNDI and your
application does a JNDI lookup to get it.

This has many advantages:
- No direct dependency of your application on ActiveMQ
- connection pooling
- clustering
- failover

Hans