activemq-users mailing list archives

From everett <ever...@mailinator.com>
Subject ActiveMQ causes application to hang on Glassfish
Date Sat, 05 Jul 2008 01:41:42 GMT

Hi,

I am using the 5.1.0 release of ActiveMQ. My JVM is version 1.6.0_06 and I
am running on Debian Sid. I have a Java web application which uses ActiveMQ
that I have deployed in Glassfish V2 UR2. Both Glassfish and ActiveMQ are
running on the same server.

The problem I have is that when a connection is created, the application
seems to hang, meaning further code is not executed beyond that point (I
confirmed this using logging statements).

You will notice from the following code that I am connecting to a STOMP
broker (configured to listen on port 61623):

try {
ActiveMQConnectionFactory("stomp://127.0.0.1:61623");
	log.info("Creating connection");
	Connection connection = connectionFactory.createConnection();
	log.info("This never gets logged");
} catch (Exception e) {
	log.info("An exception is not thrown either");
}

Please, if anyone can give me some pointers I would greatly appreciate it. I
spent several hours scouring the web for information and trying my best to
solve this, so I'm quite frustrated.

--
Everett