activemq-users mailing list archives

From Rob Davies <rajdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Messages not forwarded to broker in duplex mode
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2008 06:19:27 GMT

On 24 Jul 2008, at 21:24, kpalania wrote:

> This is my topology:
> * Broker A is outside the LAN and has no network connectors.
> * Brokers B and C are running on 2 different machines inside the LAN
> and
> have duplex set to TRUE.
> * Client sends a message to queue1 on brokerA and sends another
> message to
> queue2 on brokerA.
> * Broker A receives both the messages instantaneously.
>
> Question #1: Brokers B and C do not appear to have the message. When I
> browse the queue, I do not see any messages. However, after I browse
> the
> queues on broker A using the activemq-admin command, the messages
> immediately appear on both the brokers (B and C). How can this be
> explained?
>
> * I send another message to broker A, first to queue1 and then to
> queue2.
> * These messages do not appear on brokers B and C unless and until I
> bounce
> both the brokers.
>
> Question #2: Why is this the case, and how can I fix it such that the
> messages show up instantaneously in the queues on brokers B and C?
>
> --
pass messages to BrokerB or BrokerC unless they have expressed an
interest in messages for the queue.
They will do this if :
1. They have an active consumer for the queue (client attached to them)
2. You have configured their network connections with  a statically
included destination - that matches the queues on BrokerA you want to
be propagated - see http://activemq.apache.org/networks-of-brokers.html

hope that helps!

cheers,

Rob