activemq-users mailing list archives

From Rob Davies <rajdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 5.2 release schedule?
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2008 11:09:38 GMT

On 11 Jun 2008, at 11:36, Gregory Mostizky wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Our team builds an application that is now going through our final
> stress
> tests before release.
> We discovered a memory leak in ActiveMQ 5.1
> (https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-1790) during  the
> testing,
> and would like to have it fixed before our release (planned for 1st of
> July).
>
> The question is what is the best way to get that fix?
> If 5.2 is going to be released soon, we can wait for it.
> If not what our best option is?
> Getting release candidate?
> Getting snapshot?
> Grabbing 5.1 source and fixing it ourselves, creating custom build?
>
> I assume our options are limited because of the very short timeframe,
> so I would like to get your advice on that.
>
> Regards,
> Gregory
> --

We haven't thought about a 5.2 release - we don't have a schedule as
such for releases.
Your best bet is to use a snapshot  (the one built tonight will have
the AMQ-1790 fix in)
Alternatively - you can wait for IONA's  5.1  build of ActiveMQ   (due
out in a 2 weeks)- here: http://open.iona.com/products/enterprise-activemq/
which will also include that fix

cheers,

Rob