activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Bruce Snyder" <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can I use ActiveMQ across different Newtworks? (SFTP protocol is workable in these 2 n/ws)
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2008 20:09:59 GMT
On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 12:24 PM, _prasad <kulkarnipb@gmail.com> wrote:

> Bruce ,
>
> Thanks, For your reply. I checked the link given by you, however I do have
> few more questions.
> Do we have to establish a separate broker for each network and then attach
> them with each other ?

Separate brokers are not required, but it would be more beneficial to
use one on each network. The reason being that the use of a broker on
each side will provide better reliability. E.g., in the event that the
connection between the brokers goes down, the client won't have keep
trying to send messages itself and be slowed down, it can simply send
messages to the local broker and those messges will be persisted
locally until the connection comes back online.

> If so, which protocol will these two brokers will use ? Is that tcp?

You can use any supported protocol, but I'd recommend starting with TCP.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/