activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Suchitha Koneru (sukoneru)" <sukon...@cisco.com>
Subject client id for topic connections.
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2008 19:47:17 GMT
Hello Active Mq users ,
                   We use active mq broker 4.1.1 for communication
between two jvms. Topic publishers , non persistent delivery of messages
and  durable subscribers are  used.

// The following is the code snippet for creating a durable subscriber

    ActiveMQSession session;
   TopicConnection topicConn;
    Topic topic;
   TopicSubscriber subscriber ;
   String clientID;

 subscriber =   session.createDurableSubscriber(topic,
durableSusbscriptionName);
  topicConn.setClientID(clientID)'

//the code for  shut down of the subscriber is
    subscriber.close();
    session.unsubscribe(durableSubscriptionName)
   session.close();
      topicConn.close();

Is the Client ID associated with  the topic connection removed when the
connection is closed ? If one of the JVM's is re started we should not
land into invalid client id exceptions.

Please advise the correct approach to be followed.

thanks,
Suchitha.