activemq-users mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: Installation of activemq 5.10 on Solaris 8, Ultrasparc, V240
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2008 17:12:37 GMT
this is because the build tool, Maven, that is used to create the
distros for ActiveMQ, doesn't create compatible binaries for Solaris,
even if you use gtar on Solaris, as opposed to the regular one.

this is what I had to do to get it to work

1. download the .tar.gz onto a linux box
2. gunzip
3. tar xvf
4. zip it up, using jar
5. move to solaris machine
6. unzip using jar
7. chmod +x bin/activemq

and that worked for me

It turns out, that trying to build it yourself on solaris, causes
problems too

Filip