activemq-users mailing list archives

From _prasad <>
Subject Can I use ActiveMQ across different Newtworks? (SFTP protocol is workable in these 2 n/ws)
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2008 16:35:35 GMT

For a new project, I have to decide whether I should go with the Active MQ
or not.
My need is :
I have 2 secured & different networks. A machine in one n/w can SFTP to the
other machine of other n/w.
I have a choice to use files for communication using SFTP . However I want
to go for JMS. I do not think file handling as a robust way to achieve my
I want to know,
Can I use :- only one broker instance in one network and the processes
running on other network will subscribe to the queues of this only one
broker instance?
Is there specific protocol I have to use? Do I have to check any specific
setting (as port or protocol) from the network administration team?
In fact, is Active MQ suitable for this need ? If not, Is there any other
broker which support communication in between 2 highly secured and different
Any suggestion and solutions are always welcome . Also quick response is
also appreciated.