activemq-users mailing list archives

From Morpheous <takashi_...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: C++ only solution (is this possible)?
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2008 22:58:55 GMT

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the clarification. You are quite right, so long as the C++
clients can talk to each other, the language used to implement the backend
is not a major issue (although I cant help worrying about [possible]
performance hit due to data marshalling + running in VM etc).

I have a few more questions, now that things have become clearer:

1). I suppose I'll need to download and install the backend itself
(ActiveMQ) - are there any instructions as to how to install this and get it
working with C++ clients (via CMS/ActiveMQ-CPP)?

2). Can messages have "guaranteed" or "assured" delivery (how is this setup
in the framework)?

3). I would like to have remote clients invoke methods on some of my C++
clients. I am thinking of using my own version of RPC/HTTP. Is this
something that ActiveMQ-CPP can help with (i.e. in terms of implementing an
SOA [Service Oriented Architecture])?