activemq-users mailing list archives

From balderman <balder...@gmail.com>
Subject HTTPS how to.
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2008 10:17:15 GMT

Hi
I would like to configure HTTPS connector.
I have not find any step by step instructions how to do it.
On the Message Broker activemq.xml I have added:
            <transportConnector name="https"
uri="https://172.16.233.50:61619"/>

And on the sender side I use the same URL.

How should I configure Jetty to use HTTPS?
Where do I put certificates?

Currently  I got the below exception: (on the sender side)

Exception in thread "main"
org.springframework.jms.UncategorizedJmsException: Uncategorized exception
occured during JMS processing; nested exception is javax.jms.JMSException:
Could not connect to broker URL: https://172.16.233.50:61619. Reason:
javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Unrecognized SSL message, plaintext connection?;
nested exception is javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Unrecognized SSL message,
plaintext connection?
	at
org.springframework.jms.support.JmsUtils.convertJmsAccessException(JmsUtils.java:260)
	at
org.springframework.jms.support.JmsAccessor.convertJmsAccessException(JmsAccessor.java:172)
	at org.springframework.jms.core.JmsTemplate.execute(JmsTemplate.java:441)
	at org.springframework.jms.core.JmsTemplate.send(JmsTemplate.java:485)
	at com.bmc.disco.jms.poc.SenderMain.main(SenderMain.java:57)
Caused by: javax.jms.JMSException: Could not connect to broker URL:
https://172.16.233.50:61619. Reason: javax.net.ssl.SSLException:
Unrecognized SSL message, plaintext connection?
	at
org.apache.activemq.util.JMSExceptionSupport.create(JMSExceptionSupport.java:35)
	at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory.createActiveMQConnection(ActiveMQConnectionFactory.java:278)
	at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory.createActiveMQConnection(ActiveMQConnectionFactory.java:222)
	at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory.createConnection(ActiveMQConnectionFactory.java:170)
	at
org.apache.activemq.pool.PooledConnectionFactory.createConnection(PooledConnectionFactory.java:125)
	at
org.apache.activemq.pool.PooledConnectionFactory.createConnection(PooledConnectionFactory.java:110)
	at
org.apache.activemq.pool.PooledConnectionFactory.createConnection(PooledConnectionFactory.java:86)
	at
org.springframework.jms.support.JmsAccessor.createConnection(JmsAccessor.java:188)
	at org.springframework.jms.core.JmsTemplate.execute(JmsTemplate.java:428)
	... 2 more
Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Unrecognized SSL message, plaintext
connection?
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.InputRecord.handleUnknownRecord(Unknown
Source)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.InputRecord.read(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(Unknown Source)
	at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(Unknown
Source)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.writeRecord(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.AppOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection$WrappedOutputStream.write(HttpConnection.java:1344)
	at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.flushRequestOutputStream(HttpConnection.java:775)
	at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.writeRequest(HttpMethodBase.java:2252)
	at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.processRequest(HttpMethodBase.java:2632)
	at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.execute(HttpMethodBase.java:1065)
	at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:643)
	at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:497)
	at
org.apache.activemq.transport.http.HttpClientTransport.doStart(HttpClientTransport.java:181)
	at org.apache.activemq.util.ServiceSupport.start(ServiceSupport.java:50)
	at
org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.start(TransportFilter.java:57)
	at
org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.start(TransportFilter.java:57)
	at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory.createActiveMQConnection(ActiveMQConnectionFactory.java:258)
	... 9 more

Thanks

Avishay