activemq-users mailing list archives

From dlaidlaw <don.laid...@infor.com>
Subject Re: JMS Bridge retries and transactions
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2008 18:39:36 GMT

OK, so JMS Bridges are not the recommended solution. And I will look at
camel and how robust I can make it. But in the mean time, what about a
network of brokers?

The broker network stuff also moves messages between brokers. In my case
they will all be ActiveMQ brokers so no issue about foreign broker
connections. I could configure the network of brokers to only replicate
certain queues in one direction.

But is this robust? Will it recover from connection drops when a remote
broker is stopped and restarted? Or how about at local broker startup time,
if the remote broker is not up at the time will the connection keep trying
in the background, waiting for the remote broker to startup?

Or is this not a recommended solution as well?

Thanks for your time on this!
-Don