activemq-users mailing list archives

From dlaidlaw <don.laid...@infor.com>
Subject JMS Bridge retries and transactions
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2008 15:25:13 GMT

I was looking at the source code for JMS Bridges to see how robust the
connections would be. Would they auto-recover, retry delivery, were they
transacted, etc.  I noticed some code in there that seemed to be aimed at
having retry behavior but no loop for a retry.

Look at the org.apache.activemq.network.jms.DestinationBridge class, the
onMessage method. A local method variable called attempt is created and
initialized to 0. There is also a test against maximumRetries, but there are
no loops in the code to actually have another attempt. Any idea how a second
attempt could ever happen? I can't see it.

Has anyone ever done an implementation using transactions to ensure the
consume/send pair commits as a unit? It would be possible here for the send
to succeed and the acknowledge to fail resulting in duplicates being sent
eventually.

Thanks
-Don