activemq-users mailing list archives

From wannaKnow <>
Subject sending msg via CMS to JMS
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2008 18:03:59 GMT

I'd like to use CMS to create messages and put them on an Apache ActiveMQ
destination which has been configured as a JMS queue and then have a
MessageDrivenBean extract the messages.  Sending and receiving messages
between CMS  producer/consumer destinations is working for me.
I've started with the default BrokerURI and also updated it to use my
specific IP and I also updated the queue name.  Both worked.
    std::string brokerURI =
     std::string destinationName="jms/TestQueue";

So my questions:
Is it necessary for me to install JBOSS or WebSphere to do this or can
ActiveMQ handle it by itself?
Are there special values needed in the BrokerURI or the Topic/Queue name ?

I'm hoping someone can point me to documentation or samples or other helpful
information about how to configure the JMS queue using ActiveMQ.