activemq-users mailing list archives

From neowill <usd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how many topics can I create in a broker before getting OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2008 08:21:34 GMT

Thanks Joe!

Is there any document describing how to tune ActiveMQ to be capable of
creating as many topics as needed?

basically after I create one session to the ActiveMQ and create 1750 topics,
I got the following thread information from Jconsole:
     Live Threads: 5300             Peak:5306
Daemon threads: 5292  Total started: 6424

Memory used: 170.521 kbytes

Is that normal?

Br,
Neowill

Not sure why you're getting the OOME even after increasing the JVM's heap
size. But given that you're potentially creating up to 20,000 topics, would
the use of message selectors be a more efficient approach?

Joe