activemq-users mailing list archives

From jaya_srini <jya_sr...@Hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Database connection between ActiveMQ and broker
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2008 21:28:31 GMT

Hi Hiram

We are noticing that after any SQL Server restart or network blip between
ActiveMQ and the database, after the connection or the database comes back
online activeMQ broker needs to be restarted as well i.e it doesn't
automatically re-establish connection to the database as result any message
send fails because the broker is still using the stale connection to the
database.

Is this designed behaviour or a bug? we are using ActiveMQ 5.0.0 and the
latest version of the JSQLConnect database driver: version 5.7. The database
we are using is MS SQL Server 2005

Right now, in our production environment any time we have network
maintenance or database restart we also have to restart the ActiveMQ broker
which is not a good option for us.

thanks
jaya