activemq-users mailing list archives

From andrewh <>
Subject Re: activemq-admin stop - port already in use
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2008 11:40:47 GMT

Hi Hiram,

Hiram Chirino wrote:
> Looks like the SUNJMX env variable is set to
> make sure it's not for the activemq-admin script.

Putting SUNJMX into the argument list in activemq-admin seemed to be the
only way to get the JVM mbeanserver to work, can you recommend a better way?

Without SUNJMX, I can get access to ActiveMQ's mbeanserver, but then when I
have SUNJMX defined in /etc/activemq.conf, I get the problem described in my
original post. activemq-admin passes this argument through whether it's a
start or stop command, so on a stop it complains about the port defined in
SUNJMX being already in use.

A little pointer would be much appreciated!