activemq-users mailing list archives

From Rob Davies <rajdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ In Jboss - Two Brokers Getting Created when using VM Protocol
Date Fri, 23 May 2008 06:34:14 GMT

On 23 May 2008, at 06:55, Kumar Ravella wrote:

> Hi All ,
>
> There are two Brokers Getting Created while trying to use both VM
> and TCP
> Protocols..
>
> I deployed ActiveMQ inside JBoss. - activemq-ra.rar.
>
> In my Brokre-Config i have made these setting for My Broker.
>
> Named it as Broker1 .
> Persistence set to false.
> And in transport Connector i have added both
> tcp://localhost:61616
> &
> vm://myvmbroker
>
> But only when i try to use these two URL's in my code . It is
> creating two
> brokers . Broker1 and myvmbroker
>
> Is this a normal Behavior .. ? Can't i make both connections running
> in
> single Broker ?
>

> Thanks
> Kumar Ravella
>
> -----
> Thanks,
> Kumar Ravella
> --

So you don't need to add the vm:// connector explicitly - but if you
do make sure its of the form vm://<BrokerName> e.g. vm://Broker1
When you client connects using the urI vm://Broker1 - it will look for
a Broker called Broker1 in the VM and if there isn't a vm:// transport
connector for that broker - one will be created for it. However, if
there isn't a broker of that name - one will be spun up - which is
what is happening with your configuration - when the broker registers
the transport connector vm://myvmbroker - its spinning up another
broker with the broker name myvmbroker

cheers,

Rob

http://open.iona.com/products/enterprise-activemq