activemq-users mailing list archives

From Rob Davies <rajdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cut-n-Dry HowTo?
Date Tue, 27 May 2008 16:11:48 GMT

On 27 May 2008, at 15:45, Swampcritter wrote:

> I am trying out Active MQ for the first time, so bear with me. I
> have a
> number of questions, so I will break them up to make it easier to
> reply to.
>
> As I have come to realize, Active MQ is not for the faint of heart for
> configuring. Coming from an IBM MQ Series background, I am use to
> setting up
> a queue manager on two different servers, a couple of local and remote
> queues, and a couple of channels so the servers can communicate with
> each
> other.
>
> Does anyone have a basic 'cut-n-dry' way of doing something of the
> same --
> either with one broker that can accept multiple clients with queue
> triggers
> or two with a channel/network connection between the two sites and
> local/remote queues with triggers as well?
>
> Trying to understand the example activemq.xml and the documents on the
> Active MQ site is not easy at all.
>
> -- Michael
>
> --

Probably the easiest place to start is to run a single broker and send/
consume messages from it.  You don't need to setup queues in advance -
they are created on the fly for you - and just run some of the
examples - http://activemq.apache.org/version-5-examples.html - to get
your toes wet.

cheers,

Rob