activemq-users mailing list archives

From Rob Davies <rajdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WAN performance
Date Thu, 29 May 2008 06:17:17 GMT

On 29 May 2008, at 01:25, Vincent Poon wrote:

> I have a setup where many clients need to connect to many brokers
> over a WAN
> and consume messages off the queues on these brokers.
>
> What performance considerations should I keep in mind , given that
> this will
> be over a WAN?  I've read about network of brokers - how exactly
> does that
> improve the WAN performance?  What topology would be best for this
> kind of
> setup?
>
> TIA
> --

Network of brokers is definitely the way to go - as you can use them
as 'concentrators' on each side of the wan. It also allows more
resilience - as networks use store and forward, if the WAN is
unavailable, the local clients can still carry on communicating with
their local broker.

cheers,

Rob

http://open.iona.com/products/enterprise-activemq