activemq-users mailing list archives

From Rob Davies <rajdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ Cache?
Date Sun, 18 May 2008 19:08:06 GMT

On 18 May 2008, at 19:45, dbrats wrote:

> Hi I'm new to Active MQ and have a question regarding caching. Does
> ActiveMq
> support anything similar to what TIBCO RVCache does? Basically let's
> you
> configure topics to be cached and let's consumers query that cache.
>
> It's very useful in server/gui applications where a gui can come up
> after
> the server has published something - the gui can query the cache to
> get the
> latest message published.
>
> Any information would be appreciated.
>
> Thx
>
> --
cache messages for delivery on to a topic to consumers that where not
active when the message was sent.
The policy can be based on message number or size of cache - or just
the last message - and there exactly for the usage scenario you
described - see http://activemq.apache.org/subscription-recovery-policy.html

cheers,

Rob

http://open.iona.com/products/enterprise-activemq