activemq-users mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: create policyentry for temp topics
Date Tue, 20 May 2008 14:33:56 GMT
Sure Badri,
our use case that we were dropping messages on the broker, so they go to
the Dead Letter Queue (DLQ),
however, for temporary topics, we didn't want that to happen, and since
I wasn't able to configure a policy for temp topics where we could plug
in a discarding DLQ, then we just did it as a plugin.

The configuration looks like

    <plugins>
      <bean
        id="covalentDlqBroker"
        class="com.covalent.activemq.discard.CovalentDLQBrokerPlugin">
        <property name="dropAll" value="false"/>
        <property name="dropTemporaryTopics" value="true"/>
        <property name="dropTemporaryQueues" value="true"/>
        <!--drops by destination name, using java regular expressions

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/util/regex/Pattern.html
            delimited by spaces, so destination names cannot contain
spaces
        -->
        <property name="dropOnly" value="some_alarm another_alarm"/>
        <!--how frequently do we output how many messages we have
dropped - use 0 for disable-->
        <property name="reportInterval" value="1000"/>
      </bean>
    </plugins>

The library and source code can be found here
http://people.apache.org/~fhanik/covalent-dlq.jar

the nice thing with a broker plugin, is that you actually can control a
lot more than just DLQ :)

hope this helps
Filip