activemq-users mailing list archives

From Arjen van der Meijden <acmmail...@tweakers.net>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.1.0
Date Sun, 11 May 2008 08:39:15 GMT
Hi,

We were seeing that same issue with 5.0 as well. But with 5.1 it seems
to be gone.

Here is a graph of the JVM's garbage collection with 5.0, the line
represents the 'Used tenured + new' i.e. if the general trend is up, its
the Old Gen that increases:
http://achelois.tweakers.net/~acm/tnet/activemq-5.0-memory.png

As you can see, the used memory continuously grows, forcing the garbage
collector to increase the frequency of full collects (the drops happen
more frequently).

The 5.1-graph is much prettier:
http://achelois.tweakers.net/~acm/tnet/activemq-5.1-memory.png

There could probably be some more gc-tuning, given the behaviour early
on (those huge peak were actually noticable in the producing entities),
but in the long run, its memory consumption stays pretty stable.

Afaik I didn't change too much to the activemq-configuration.

Best regards,

Arjen