activemq-users mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: Need Help with blocking Producer!
Date Fri, 09 May 2008 05:08:33 GMT
that means youre producing messages faster than they are being consumed.

you could setup a policy entry to turn off flow control

<policyEntry topic="topicname" producerFlowControl="false"
memoryLimit="10mb"/>

<policyEntry queue="queuename" producerFlowControl="false"
memoryLimit="10mb"/>

however, if your consumers never catch up, then you need to decide what
you wanna do with your messages, as eventually you will run out of
resources, being it memory or disk space that holds all the messages.

the <policyEntry> element has a bunch of sub element that you can setup
to control other needs

Filip