activemq-users mailing list archives

From Swampcritter <>
Subject Cut-n-Dry HowTo?
Date Tue, 27 May 2008 14:45:42 GMT

I am trying out Active MQ for the first time, so bear with me. I have a
number of questions, so I will break them up to make it easier to reply to.

As I have come to realize, Active MQ is not for the faint of heart for
configuring. Coming from an IBM MQ Series background, I am use to setting up
a queue manager on two different servers, a couple of local and remote
queues, and a couple of channels so the servers can communicate with each

Does anyone have a basic 'cut-n-dry' way of doing something of the same --
either with one broker that can accept multiple clients with queue triggers
or two with a channel/network connection between the two sites and
local/remote queues with triggers as well?

Trying to understand the example activemq.xml and the documents on the
Active MQ site is not easy at all.

-- Michael