activemq-users mailing list archives

From Swampcritter <michael.wors...@morris.com>
Subject Proof of Concept
Date Tue, 27 May 2008 14:37:40 GMT

I am trying out Active MQ for the first time, so bear with me. I have a
number of questions, so I will break them up to make it easier to reply to.

Currently where I am working -- one of the developers created an in-house
file transmission application (aka 'fileman') that uses dynamic ports to
send data back and forth between different systems. The problem is that the
software is not very stable and also a security nightmare as you pretty much
have to open every port between the base IP on two or more servers. And to
make matters worse, the original programmer never documented the 'fileman'
code nor how it actually works.

Coming from an IBM MQ Series background, I was hoping of possibly using
Active MQ as a way to get rid of this old file application transference and
dependence on cron and use something that would be a bit more secure and
easier to work with.

My question is 'Can Active MQ be setup to use triggers' -- i.e. when a
message is sent by a remote client interface to the MQ broker, can the local
queue/topic discover the inbound message and trigger an outside process that
can dump the message from the queue (or topic)?

-- Michael