activemq-users mailing list archives

From paulu <paul.umb...@gmail.com>
Subject Help: Using Camel routing in Equinox OSGi
Date Thu, 22 May 2008 21:58:22 GMT

I'm probably missing something basic, but ...

Camel 1.3.0, Equinox/Eclipse 3.3.2, ActiveMQ 5.1.0

I'm trying to get Camel working in the Equinox/Eclipse OSGi container. I
have a bundle which includes beans for processing messages from JMS/ActiveMQ
queues (seperate broker, tcp connection), and a Java DSL-based router class
which specifies the routes and beans to be used for processing. Outside of
OSGi, all works fine.

The whole thing is to be loaded by the Spring OSGi extender based on the
content of the camel-context.xml file. I have all the necessary Spring
bundles loaded & active, plus the camel bundles (and dependencies),
including the camel-osgi bundle.

When I start the container, everything loads OK - the camel-context is
recognized and the beans created correctly, but I get the following error
message when the Spring Extender or Camel tries to locate the RouteBuilder
classes according to the package element:

"SEVERE: Could not search jar file '\com\elluminate\maple\routers' for
classes matching criteria: is assignable to RouteBuilder due to an
IOException: \com\elluminate\maple\routers (The system cannot find the path
specified)"

I've been searching FAQs and forum postings all day, and looking for
documentation for the camel-osgi bundle, but can't find any explanation. Am
I missing some piece of camel-osgi configuration? Do I need to use a
different camel-context.xml configuration?

Basically, how do I get the Spring Extender/Camel to search my bundle for
the RouteBuilder classes?

The camel-example-osgi hasn't given me any clues, nor has looking at the
source for the camel-osgi bundle.

Can anybody help?