activemq-users mailing list archives

From Danilo Tuler <tu...@ideais.com.br>
Subject Re: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread on AMQ 5.0
Date Thu, 22 May 2008 18:40:21 GMT

Hi Filip,

Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:

> in the test case provided, the program is trying to create 5000+
> connections/sessions, hence that would require 5000 threads, not very
> scalable.

No, the program is not creating 5000+ connections/sessions. There is a
single connection and session.
The program is sending messages to 5000+ topics (using a single connection
and session).

And that produces 5000+ threads on the server, not on the (client) program.
And worse, those threads are kept alive forever, even when the client is
shutdown. And there are no consumers.

IMHO that sounds like a thread leak, but maybe I'm wrong...

Best regards,
Danilo