activemq-users mailing list archives

From Artur Siekielski <artur.siekiel...@gmail.com>
Subject ActiveMQ 5.x hangs. How to debug?
Date Wed, 21 May 2008 09:35:25 GMT

Hi.
We use ActiveMQ 5.1.0 in the following way: we have four queues, each queue
has about 5-12 consumers and producers, some of them are running on
different machines. Used transport is 'tcp'. Producers use non-persistent
delivery mode, acknowledge mode is "auto". We do not create threads.
Messages are consumed synchronously using 'consumer.receive()'. Exact number
of messages which have to be consumed/produced is known in advance.

Everything works ok for some time (like 0,5h), but after processing eg. 500
000 messages all consumers of a specific queue hang. In admin console there
are a few pending messages in that queue. How can we debug such situation?
Turning DEBUG logging in broker didn't give us any useful information.

We have switched to latest ActiveMQ from 4.x branch and didn't experience
hang situation yet (but more tests are needed).

Any help would be appreciated,
Artur