activemq-users mailing list archives

From Badri <badrinarayanan.doraisw...@fxall.com>
Subject Reg JMX monitoring of Active MQ
Date Fri, 16 May 2008 18:39:40 GMT

Hi

I am using port 1099 for the jmx piece. I am using Active MQ 5.1.

 <broker xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core" useJmx="true">

<managementContext>
    <managementContext connectorPort="1099"/>
</managementContext>

Whenever I use the following URL:
service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://dev123:1099/jmxrmi
in jconsole & hit connect, I get "Connect Failed".

I got port 1099 opened from my desktop to dev123. But it looks like certain
other ports are also required to be opened everyday if I need to use
JConsole connecting to active mq. On day 1, I got port 33736 opened by the
network admins. Today I see it trying to access another port 55693.

Why are different ports being accessed? I am not sure where the problem
lies.
Is it problem with active mq or jconsole?

Can I configure in such a way that jconsole will only connect to 1099 & not
any other port?

This is my process running:
/opt/java/bin/java -Xmx512M
-Dorg.apache.activemq.UseDedicatedTaskRunner=true
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -Djavax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword=password
-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=password
-Djavax.net.ssl.keyStore=/opt/activemq/conf/broker.ks
-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=/opt/activemq/conf/broker.ts
-Dactivemq.classpath=/opt/activemq/conf; -Dactivemq.home=/opt/activemq
-Dactivemq.base=/opt/activemq -jar /opt/activemq/bin/run.jar start
-DSERVER=activemq1

Thanks
Badri