activemq-users mailing list archives

From "code.junkie" <code.junkie...@gmail.com>
Subject Newbie questions
Date Wed, 14 May 2008 19:18:51 GMT

Hi All,

I am planning to use ActiveMQ with a java project that I am working on. I am
planning to use a queue with persisted for reliable messaging ( guaranteed
messaging ). In that regard I have couple of questions for which I would
love to get some views on:

1) It is my understanding that I can either use ActiveMQ's APIs directly or
use via JMS ( using jndi). I am not sure what is the advantage of using the
JMS approach over using the activemq's apis directly?

2) I am planning to use batching for sending messages (persistent) to the
queue and was confused by reading
http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-i-enable-asynchronous-sending.html
Should I still be using jms.useAsyncSend=true in case of batching ?

3) What is a good practice for consumer? Should I be reading the messages
from the queue within a transaction?  ( The reason being that I am using
Session.SESSION_TRANSACTED for the producer, so what should be the proper
way in consumer assuming producer and consumer processes at the same speed)

Thanks in advance!
- Rakesh

3)