activemq-users mailing list archives

From andrewh <and...@plaintalkit.com>
Subject activemq-admin stop - port already in use
Date Tue, 13 May 2008 15:11:40 GMT

Hi all,

"activemq-admin start" works fine, but "stop" complains with the following:

andrewh@server:~$ sudo /usr/local/activemq/bin/activemq-admin stop
Password:
Error: Exception thrown by the agent : java.rmi.server.ExportException: Port
already in use: 1099; nested exception is:
	java.net.BindException: Address already in use

Can anyone shed some light on this? I'd much rather use this utlity than
having to "kill" whenever I need to restart the broker.

This is on Ubuntu 6.06 x64, Java 1.6.0_06, fuse-message-broker-5.0.0.11.

Thanks,

Andrew