activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Connection pooling when use the .NET Messaging API (NMS)
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2008 03:52:15 GMT
On 17/04/2008, jimmyfrank <derek.beattie@gmail.com> wrote:

>  I'm using the .NET Messaging API to send and receive messages from ActiveMQ.
>  How would I pool connections?  Do I need to at all or is it handled somehow
>  for me by the broker?  I can find several forum posts that talk about
>  connection pooling when using java JMS but I can't seem to find anything
>  that talks about how to do this when using the .NET API's.  Do I need to use
>  the Spring.NET?

It depends a little on your application. If its a client UI then just
have a single connection and a few sessions and you'll be fine. If its
more of a server, processing messages efficiently in a highly
concurrent manner, then some kinda pooling mechanism such as in
Spring.NET is preferable.

I've added this to the NMS FAQ...
http://activemq.apache.org/nms/faq.html
--