activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Cleveland, Seth" <seth.clevel...@amd.com>
Subject Message loss in Network of Brokers with Duplex Connections
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2008 17:23:03 GMT
With version activemq (FUSE Message Broker - Version 5.0.0.9) I see data
loss with network of brokers and duplex connections.

I have a brokers running on three machines A, B, and C.  The brokers are
connected as follows, A -> B and A -> C.  In addition, duplex is true on
both connections.  I have a producer for a queue on machine A and
consumers for that queue on both B and C.  When I send a few hundred
messages through the producer, I find that some percentage (roughly
10-20%) of the messages are consumed by the consumers on B or C.  And
the rest have disappeared.

Looking at the queues in Jconsole, it appears the lost messages bounce
between B and C through the duplex connections until the networkTTL goes
to zero on the message.

I have tried a combination of dynamicOnly and conduitSubscriptions
without success.

Is this kind of configuration expected to work in activemq?

If so, what's the right way to configure this?

Thanks,

Seth