activemq-users mailing list archives

From Alex Soto <lexs...@gmail.com>
Subject InvalidClientID (Broker embedded in JBoss)
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2008 13:37:58 GMT
Hi,

I have ActiveMQ 5.0 running embedded in JBoss 4.2.2 using the rar
adapter.
I see the following stack trace every time a message is written to a
queue from within a EJB.

09:11:44,225 WARN  [Service] Failed to remove connection
ConnectionInfo {commandId = 1, responseRequired = true, connectionId
= ID:cebra.local-50034-1209560921622-2:2, clientId = null, userName =
admin, password = ***, brokerPath = null, brokerMasterConnector =
false, manageable = true, clientMaster = true}
javax.jms.InvalidClientIDException: No clientID specified for
connection disconnect request
	at org.apache.activemq.broker.region.RegionBroker.removeConnection
(RegionBroker.java:218)
	at org.apache.activemq.broker.TransactionBroker.removeConnection
(TransactionBroker.java:248)
	at org.apache.activemq.advisory.AdvisoryBroker.removeConnection
(AdvisoryBroker.java:208)
	at org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFilter.removeConnection
(BrokerFilter.java:109)
	at org.apache.activemq.broker.MutableBrokerFilter.removeConnection
(MutableBrokerFilter.java:119)
	at
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.processRemoveConnection
(TransportConnection.java:697)
	at org.apache.activemq.command.RemoveInfo.visit(RemoveInfo.java:60)
	at org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.service
(TransportConnection.java:281)
	at org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection$1.onCommand
(TransportConnection.java:178)
	at org.apache.activemq.transport.ResponseCorrelator.onCommand
(ResponseCorrelator.java:100)
	at org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.onCommand
(TransportFilter.java:67)
	at org.apache.activemq.transport.vm.VMTransport.iterate
(VMTransport.java:202)
	at org.apache.activemq.thread.PooledTaskRunner.runTask
(PooledTaskRunner.java:118)
	at org.apache.activemq.thread.PooledTaskRunner$1.run
(PooledTaskRunner.java:42)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask
(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:650)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run
(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)

In my ra.xml  I'm not setting the client ID.

         <config-property>
             <description>The client id that will be set on the
connection that is established to the ActiveMQ server.</description>
             <config-property-name>Clientid</config-property-name>
             <config-property-type>java.lang.String</config-property-
type>
             <!--
             <config-property-value></config-property-value>
              -->
         </config-property>

If I do, then I get other errors indicating duplicate client IDs.

My connection factory is defined in the file "activemq-ds.xml"  as:

    <tx-connection-factory>
       <jndi-name>ConnectionFactory</jndi-name>
       <xa-transaction/>
       <track-connection-by-tx/>
       <rar-name>activemq-ra.rar</rar-name>
       <connection-definition>javax.jms.ConnectionFactory</connection-
definition>
       <min-pool-size>10</min-pool-size>
       <max-pool-size>100</max-pool-size>
       <blocking-timeout-millis>30000</blocking-timeout-millis>
       <idle-timeout-minutes>3</idle-timeout-minutes>
       <ServerUrl>vm://localhost</ServerUrl>
       <use-java-context>false</use-java-context>
    </tx-connection-factory>

The EJB gets the connection factory injected:

@Resource(mappedName="ConnectionFactory")
private ConnectionFactory fact;

The EJB itself does not fail, i.e. it does not get the exception.
It's just in the log file that I see the stack trace.

Does anybody know why is this, and how to solve it?
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex Soto