activemq-users mailing list archives

From j0llyr0g3r <timo.roess...@wincor-nixdorf.com>
Subject How do i configure the http transport connector to use a proxy?
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2008 16:49:27 GMT

Hi folks,

after i have figured out this problem (will be updated in the AMQ
documentation soon):

http://www.nabble.com/Standard-http-connector-example-not-working--td16937377s2354.html

i am having a new problem:

How do i configure the http transport connector to use a proxy?

I looked into the source-code and found this:

-> package:
activemq-optional/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/transport/http
-> Class HttpTransportSupport

There is:

private String proxyUser;
private String proxyPassword;

and in class:HttpClientTransport

there is:

protected HttpClient createHttpClient() {
       HttpClient client = new HttpClient();
       if (getProxyHost() != null) {
           client.getHostConfiguration().setProxy(getProxyHost(),
getProxyPort());
       }
       return client;
   }

So, obviously i can use a http-proxy with AMQ, but how?

First i thought via something like adding this

....?trace=true&amp;proxyHost=sdoesmon&amp;proxyPort=3128"

to the network connector:

<networkConnector name="outbound_http"
uri="static://(http://esf-proto-2:61617)?trace=true&amp;proxyHost=sdoesmon&amp;proxyPort=3128"
networkTTL="5"/>

But the broker simply ignores this?

I checked this using the latest amq stable release and squid.

The two brokers can communicate with each other over http, but they simply
ignore the proxy.

I set the debug level in both the brokers and squid to the highest value,
neither do i get errors nor is the proxy used at all.

What do i have to add to the http-connector to make this work?