activemq-users mailing list archives

From ttmdev <joe.fernan...@ttmsolutions.com>
Subject Re: Question regarding the deletion of a message from the queue & load balancing consumers
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 18:38:47 GMT

1. You can purge messages via the JMX.

2. You should be able to set up a cluster of consumers where all consumers
in the cluster compete for messages on a particular queue. Over time, I
think you should get an even distribution. If there are messages in the
queue and the consumers are not yet active, the first consumer to start may
initially get a disproportionate number of messages. It may also be the case
that the default prefetch limit may not be appropriate for your deployment.
If your producer is using JMSXGoupID , this will group messages to a
particular consumer.

Joe
Goto www.ttmsolutions.com for a free ActiveMQ user guide