activemq-users mailing list archives

From gupabhi <abhi.gu...@morganstanley.com>
Subject Bug in ActiveMQ? - Can read only if one QueueReceiver is open
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 16:59:35 GMT

Hi,
    Following is what I'm  doing.
1.  I create a connection using the ActiveMQ connectionFActory (VM).
2.a.  I create a non transacted-session,
2.b.  A queue from the session and then
2.c.  I create a QueueReceiver from that session as follows:
       requestQueueReceiver = nonTxSession.createReceiver(requestQueue);

3.  I then use springs DefaultMessageListenerContainer to read message from
the same queue. Internally it basically creates a consumer for the queue and
reads from it.  (it does all this in a transaction)

When doing this, even if there are messages in that queue. The consumer does
not receive any and keeps returing nulls.

At first I could'nt figure out what the problem was. But then if I skipped
step 2.c. above, the problem disappeared.

So, can there not be two consumers create for the same queue?  This seems
like a bug to me.  Is it?

Thanks,
Abhi