activemq-users mailing list archives

From Abdul Alhazred <thar...@tradedesksoftware.com>
Subject Re: Adding users on the fly ACTIVEMQ
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 16:49:09 GMT

greenapple wrote:

> I have activemq running and a new user asks for an account. Is it possible
> to add users and groups on the fly to the list of users and groups in
> activemq without restarting it?
>
> If so, how? Can I do it programmatically?

Well, you'd need to have an implementation of an AuthorizationMap that picks
up its data from someplace. I think I saw there is an LDAP one. The default
just gets it from the XML in the config file, which is obviously no good for
your purposes. There doesn't seem to be one that supports JDBC right now,
but I know one of these days soon I'm going to have to write one because all
my JAAS stuff is in there (I did write a JAAS auth module for JDBC which
works). You'll probably need something like that too in order to
authenticate the users from your data store. As a guess I'd say it might
take a couple days to unravel the AuthorizationMap interface and implement
something that works. Have a go at it!