activemq-users mailing list archives

From toff <>
Subject Cyclic network of brokers: configuration and duplicates
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 12:32:05 GMT

Dear activeMQ gurus,

although I have not yet found an answer, this question is related to posts:

I am testing the behavior of our in-house implementation of a content-based
routing solution (e.g., pub-sub: that is topics and not queues) against the
performances of an activeMQ network of brokers. My question is: what is the
best (in terms of performances and message duplicates) configuration I can
use for a cyclic network?

To start simple I am using the following topology:
|      |

The configuration file for S1 is therefore:

  <broker xmlns="" useJmx="false"
brokerName="node33" persistent="false">
    	<transportConnector name="local" uri="tcp://localhost:17701"/>
      <networkConnector name="S2" dynamicOnly="true" networkTTL="15"
      <networkConnector name="S3" dynamicOnly="true" networkTTL="15"
  <commandAgent xmlns=""/>

In contrast to post (1) and from what I gather from , I am specifying
multiple network connectors as I want S1 to be connected to both S1 and S2.
If I understand correctly, a static URI with multiple addresses (e.g.,
results in a random connection to just one of the provided addresses.

Is this the right way to do it?
>From the client logs I would definitely say no, as each client receives
multiple (thousands!) copies of the same message.

Are cyclic topologies supported? Could someone please suggest a
configuration for them?

Or should I just use hierarchical topologies?

The latter is the conclusion I infer from post (2), but if there's somebody
knowledgeable about this out there I'd be really happy to have a final word
on this issue.

Thanks in advance,