activemq-users mailing list archives

From Fred D <>
Subject Re: JDBC Database Persistence Question
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2008 22:41:19 GMT

Hi Brian,

For your setup, the AMQ Message store (used by default with AMQ 5+) is
probably your best bet.

The real benefit for JDBC in Active MQ is that it supports a wide range of
platforms that you can utilize if you already have these deployed (reuse
your investment). As well you can handle some custom requirements perhaps
using the well understood JDBC API without having to learn the internals of
AMQ message store /KAHA.

Brian Munroe-2 wrote:
> I am trying to determine if JDBC database persistence makes sense in
> my application stack.  Currently I will deploying a single broker (AMQ
> 5.0) with about 6 queues.
> What are some of the reasons someone would consider JDBC persistence?
> Personally, I'm fine with Kaha, but my boss would like me to
> investigate all the angles.
> thanks
> -- brian

Goto for a free ActiveMQ user guide