activemq-users mailing list archives

From Rukus520 <Crome...@yahoo.com>
Subject TextMessage vs ByteMessage
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2008 21:08:07 GMT

Hi,

Let's say I'm sending data in the form of xml. The data being sent is big
but certainly not large enough to warrant the use of BlobMessages.

Which of the following approaches would be better for performance, and why:
- Send the xml as TextMessages.
- Convert the xml to bytes, and then send the bytes as ByteMessages.

Perhaps my underlying question is, "Does ActiveMQ's implementation of
TextMessages optimize the transmission of TextMessages by compressing the
content somehow?"

Thanks in advance! Thank you Rob for the quick reply last time too!