activemq-users mailing list archives

From srouil <>
Subject Re: Messages delivery to JBoss MDB stopped after an exception
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2008 17:29:19 GMT

If I look at EJB 2.1 specification, section 18.3.3 it describes behaviour of
container in case the bean listener method throws an exception. Here we
speak about both checked and un-checked exceptions.

Don't you think that it is a bit tough that the whole MDB is killed (does
not receive any message anymore from JMS) in case one bean instance throw an

For me it makes Active MQ un-usable as JMS provider for my J2EE application
including MDBs. Or did I miss something with the integration with JBoss?

Best regards,