activemq-users mailing list archives

From Rukus520 <>
Subject ActiveMQ Usage
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2008 23:51:26 GMT

I'd like to handle broker failure by queueing messages I'm sending (for
transmission after reconnecting) instead of depending on a backup broker. I
can either write code to do the queueing myself OR use an embedded,
in-process broker to do the queueing for me. The in-process broker (A) can
forward messages to the remote broker (B) when broker B is available, and
queue messages using the File Based Cursor when broker B is unavailable.

In essense, I'm using the remote broker as my JMS provider, and I'm
considering using the in-process broker just to take advantage of ActiveMQ's
built in queueing mechanism.

Is this usage of ActiveMQ appropriate? Why or why not?
If this is indeed a poor approach, is there any way to handle queueing on
the message producer side without having to manually detect connection
failure, and implementing the queueing yourself?

Thanks in advance.