activemq-users mailing list archives

From MikeF73 <m...@forrest.name>
Subject "Duplex" problems
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2008 03:55:20 GMT

I have two brokers (call them A and B), where A establishes a connection to B
with the options:
duplex="true" networkTTL="3" dynamicOnly="true"

I have two clients connecting to broker A, and one to B.  One of the clients
on A is subscribing to a queue, the other is publishing to it.  The client
on B is not using that queue at all.  When the publishing client sends a
message, the subscriber receives it as expected.  But if I watch the network
with a sniffer, I can see the message being sent to broker B and back again.

I also set up a topic that all of the clients subscribe to.  If a client on
A sends a message to the topic, the client on B receives it normally, but
the two clients on A receive the message twice.  I can see with the sniffer
that the message is being sent from A to B and back.

If I change the connection so that it's not duplex (i.e. I set up matching
simplex connections on both brokers) all of this unexpected behavior goes
away.  In the first example, the messages are no longer forwarded to B since
there are no subscribers on that broker.  In the second example, the message
is received once by every subscriber.

Did I misconfigure my duplex connection somehow?  I can run it with the two
simplex connections for now since I'm in a test environment, but I'm going
to need to move to duplex for production.

Thanks!