activemq-users mailing list archives

From sfred <>
Subject Re: Building 32-bit
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 06:00:12 GMT

I appreciate you taking the time to write this information, but I guess I
didn't provide enough information for you to answer the problem I'm having.

1.  I'm trying to build ActiveMQ-CPP (not ActiveMQ). (I know the process is
the same for either one, but I thought I'd be clear.)

2.  I'm trying to build a 32-bit ActiveMQ-CPP library on a Sun V40Z (AMD
x86, 64-bit processor).  When I use the autotools to do this, I am able to
get the object files (*.o) built as a 32-bit object file, but when libtool
kicks off, it defaults to using the lib64 (64-bit) linking and fails because
it complains the 64-bit libraries it is trying to link in are not compatible
with the 32-bit .o files that I've built.  Our software application is
32-bit, so that's why I need a 32-bit version of ActiveMQ-CPP.

Hopefully someone can tell me of an option or argument to feed into
./ or a way to run libtool (e.g. libtool ...) to get the object
files linked together into the necessary libraries to link our 32-bit
application against.