activemq-users mailing list archives

From Vinod Venkatraman <>
Subject Activemq message selectors performance
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2008 16:00:05 GMT

I am using AMQ 4.1.1.
I observe that when I provide a message selector my consumer does not
consume any messages till all the messages on the queue was scanned. I tried
setting consumer prefetch to 100 but even then the complete queue (100K
messages each of size 100KB) is scanned before my consumer starts consuming
the messages.

I am pretty sure that the first 200 of the 100K messages match the selection
criteria so I was expecting that my consumer will start immediately.

Any ideas why AMQ needs to scan complete queue.

I have journaled jdbc persistence enabled (MS-Sql server)