activemq-users mailing list archives

From jgunz <>
Subject Queue eviction policy
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2008 16:30:01 GMT

I dug through the website and the mailing list and am still a bit confused...

Is there a way to set a maximum size (either by message count or memory
size) on a specific Queue?

Is there a way to specify an eviction policy, in the way you can for slow
consumers, for a specific Queue?

What I am trying to do is define a Queue with a known size so that if my
consumers go down, old messages are dropped (FIFO) and any producers can
just carry on.

One last question, if I set a time to live value for a message on a queue,
will it eventually be removed before being sent if that time expires?

Thanks for the help.