activemq-users mailing list archives

From vkumar <>
Subject ActiveMQ 4.1.1: retroactive consumer not getting all messages
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2008 16:23:54 GMT

We are using ActiveMQ 4.1.1 and a retroactive consumer does not receive all
OS: Windows 2003 Server
Java: 1.5.0_11
In this particular case, we had 403 messages on the queue, we call
receiveNoWait() in a loop and after N messages where N < 403,
receiveNoWiat() returns nothing. The value of N varies depending on the
prefetch count set. If prefetch is set to 1, then N varies between 2-10. If
prefetch is 32, then N varies betweeen 30-70. If we don't set prefetch at
all (I guess default is 1000), then we get all messages.

Each message is about 1Mbyte. We would like to set a prefetch to a lower
number to avoid outofmemory exceptions in the consumer application.

While calling receiveNoWiat(), is there something else we need to check?

Any recommendations?